How to Get a General Trading License in Dubai, UAE.
A Dubai General Trading License is a specific type of business activity that enables you to import, trade, and re-export a variety of legally permissible goods—even ones that are unrelated—under a single business license. Obtaining third party approvals (TPAs) from the relevant government regulators enables trading operations that require specific approvals to be conducted under this activity.
With a General Trading License, you can trade a variety of goods and have the freedom to alter your product mix whenever you want without having to change your commercial business license, in contrast to regular commercial business activities that only permit the trade of a particular product or range of products. In other words, you could possibly trade practically anything, from paper goods and pet supplies to computers and clothes.
A Dubai General Trading License gives you the capacity to conduct business effectively both domestically and abroad due to Dubai’s strategic location in the world. Among the many advantages are the following:
- Possibility to provide a product mix that satisfies your target markets’ erratic demand patterns
- Having access to the UAE’s cutting-edge logistics and related business support services
- Tax-free import and export of commodities into and out of the free zone;
- 100% repatriation of profits and capital; and flexibility to scale up or down your business at any moment in response to market circumstances
Differentiating a General Trading License from Trade License
Also known as commercial trade license are required for commodity trading in the UAE. They are categorized into two which are;
- General trading
- Trading specific goods
Applying for a General Trading License, also known as a Commercial License, with the DED in Dubai is required if you want to launch a general trading business in Dubai or any other emirate of the UAE.
You must have a trading license explicitly designed for that commodity to trade a specific item. To start, you must submit an application for a Foodstuff Trading License in order to launch a food trading firm in Dubai.
Cost Consideration for General Trading License in Dubai
Obtaining a general trading license in Dubai typically incurs slightly higher costs compared to licenses focused on single activities. However, the advantages lie in the ability to trade in diverse products under a single license, opening doors for business growth and diversification. The total cost of a general trading license can vary, ranging from approximately AED 15,000 to AED 50,000 or more. Factors influencing the cost include business location, warehouse size, office space, additional approvals, business jurisdiction, and visa applications.
Obtain your General Trading License with us
To simplify obtaining a general trading license in Dubai, professional assistance from experienced service providers like Vista Corporate Business Setup is recommended. We ensure that all transactions are conducted transparently, enabling entrepreneurs to secure the UAE’s most cost-effective general trading license. Our knowledgeable team will guide applicants through the entire process, from document submission to license acquisition.
Advantages of a General Trading License
A general trading license offers numerous benefits, including:
- Full ownership of the business.
- Quick issuance of the trade license, often within one hour.
- No mandatory requirement for physical office space.
- Repatriation of profits and capital.
- Opportunities to become a vendor with renowned e-commerce platforms like Amazon and Noon.
- No restrictions on the number of activities or products undertaken under one license.
- A wide scope for business expansion and distribution without limitations.
General Trading License: How to Apply
A local sponsor, known as an Emirati, was needed in the past for a foreign businessman to establish a general trade company. Previously, the ownership structure for this arrangement was 51-49, with 51% of the shares signed over to the local sponsor and 49% remaining with the foreign owner.
However, as a foreign business owner, you can now maintain 100% ownership as well as 100% earnings of your general trading firm according to recent changes made to the Commercial Companies Law (CCL) by the UAE government.
Documents required to apply for a general trading license:
If you reside in the UAE,
- a copy of your passport
- copy of the UAE resident visa
- Copy of Emirates ID
If you are not a UAE resident,
- a copy of your passport
- a UAE visit visa is required.
The following stages are involved in the simple process of requesting a general trading license:
- Send the DED all of your documentation.
- Obtain a coupon for government payments
- Pay the required fees.
- Obtain your general trading license.
Why you should obtain a General Trading License in the UAE as a Business Owner
- Without traveling to the UAE, obtain the license in your home country, or anywhere you are domiciled.
- There is no limit on the number of projects or goods that can be licensed simultaneously.
- Full ownership of your company In barely one hour, a trade license was issued; you can bank on this.
- You do not need a physical office to obtain this license.
- 100% of the capital and profits are returned.
- You can establish a business as a vendor on e-commerce sites like Amazon and Noon etc.
- A broad range of operations with no distribution restrictions.
In conclusion, general trading is one of the nation’s most widely used business licenses. Finding a deal in Dubai that offers the greatest price for a general trading license is difficult. Therefore, you must contact the appropriate parties to receive the best guidance and assistance while you establish your business in a new nation.
We understand the unique requirements of each client and tailor our services accordingly. Partnering with Vista Corporate Global Business Setup ensures access to professional expertise, streamlined processes, and competitive rates. Contact us today to explore the possibilities and take the first step toward a successful business venture.